The Photography Competition at the Banks Peninsula A&P Little River Show grows bigger every year, with the popularity and ease of digital SLR and point & shoot cameras making it easier than ever for people to take, print and show their own photos.
This year the photography competition is the biggest it’s ever been, with a variety of classes covering a wide range of subjects. Whether it’s portraits or landscapes, farm scenes or images of the stunning Banks Peninsula, there’s a section for all budding amateur photographers, no matter what their camera or age.
This year’s photography section looks like this:
|Class 701||Flora and/or Fauna|
|Class 702||Land, Sky or Waterscape|
|Class 703||People or Portrait Study|
|Class 704||Building or Structure|
|Class 705||History & Culture|
|Class 706||Banks Peninsula – any subject|
|Class 707||Farm life|
|Class 708||Flora and/or Fauna|
|Class 709||Land, Sky or Waterscape|
|Class 710||People or Portrait Study|
|Class 711||Building or Structure|
|Class 712||History & Culture|
|Class 713||Banks Peninsula – any subject|
|Class 714||Farm life|
Waihora Ellesmere Trust Section
|Class 1405||Waihora Ellesmere Trust|
All cameras can be used for all classes. Entries can be submitted on show day before 10am or can be submitted via post to:
Banks Peninsula A & P Assn, 1926 Christchurch Akaroa Road, R D 2 Christchurch 7672
All entries must be accompanied by completed entry form and have name, contact details, age (for U15), location (for 706 or 713) and class on the back.
All classes available to either small or large photos.
- Small prints: 50c per entry, up to 2 entries per class.
- Large prints: $1 per entry, up to 2 entries per class.
- Waihora Ellesmere Trust Section: free, up to 2
- PLEASE NOTE – ANY SMALL PRINTS NOT MOUNTED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS ENTRIES
- Small prints section – up to 210mm x 150mm.
- Can be printed at home or commercially, must be printed or mounted onto white A4 card or paper.
- Framed entries are not
- Large prints section – 210mm and above.
- Can be printed at home or commercially and do not require mounting on card or paper.
- Framed or Canvas print entries are allowed in this section.
Exhibitors collect their prize money from the Marshal between 4.00pm and 4.30pm on presentation of their prize tickets.
Class Prize Money: Point Value
$2.00 First 3
$1.50 Second 2
$1.00 Third 1
Overall Prize Categories
- Best Small Colour
- Best Small Black & White
- Best Open Section Colour
- Best Open Section Black &White
- Best Banks Peninsula
- Best under 15 years
- Best Overall Exhibit (Ribbon)
- Waihora Ellesmere Trust Section
Overall winner based on points accrued: Cup and Ribbon.